Online bid process
- SGI Salvage accepts online bids only.
- No verbal or written bids will be accepted.
- Bidders must be 18 years of age or older.
- Bidders must acknowledge and accept terms and conditions for online bidding.
- Bidders must register online using a valid email address.
Note: All sales will be recorded to the name of the registered bidder and all invoices will be made out in the name of the registered bidder
- A confirmation will be sent to the bidder's email address acknowledging their registration.
- Bidders are responsible for reviewing their registration information and insuring that the information is correct. Incorrect registration information may result in bids being rejected.
- In order to bid on SGI's website bidders must use a valid email account.
- An email will be sent confirming receipt of the bid. It is the bidder's responsibility to ensure that their bid is entered correctly by reviewing the confirmation email.
- To protect confidentiality all confirmation emails are sent from a secure email address.
SGI Salvage staff do not have access to any bids prior to the bids closing.
Before you bid
- If possible examine the vehicle or other salvage item beforehand.
- Be aware of the vehicle inspection and branding procedures in the province or jurisdiction you intend to register and license the vehicle. Branding and inspection requirements may vary in other jurisdictions.
- Understand that "claims history" and vehicle "branding and inspection requirements" are not the same thing.
- Click here for the steps to follow for Saskatchewan vehicle inspections:
- Additional information on the Saskatchewan vehicle inspection program can be found in the Government of Saskatchewan Vehicle Inspection Procedures Regulations.
- Be aware that in most cases the vehicle registration will be branded. This means that even after repairs and inspections have been completed, the registration certificate will indicate that the vehicle is a previous total loss. For more information on Saskatchewan vehicle branding please call Vehicle Standards and Inspections at 775-6188 in Regina or toll free to 1-800-667-8015 ext. 6188.
- Be aware of the following:
- All vehicles and bid items are sold as is. SGI does NOT:
- provide a warranty on any bid items
- guarantee the accuracy of odometer readings,
- guarantee the structural/mechanical condition,
- guarantee the vehicle/item to be exactly as shown in pictures
- guaranteed that any Salvage is free from liens, or other charges. SGI will endeavor to discharge any registered lien on your purchase.
- The information pertaining to items listed on this website is designed to both reflect and summarize specific details concerning said items, and is not necessarily a comprehensive or entirely accurate description of said items.
- Copies of repair estimates, if provided, were prepared as part of the claims adjusting process and do not necessarily reflect a complete or accurate estimate of damage.
- Pictures provided were often taken as part of the adjusting process of the salvaged items/vehicles and may not reflect the current condition. Example: tires/wheels, stereos, speakers, subsequent damage, etc.
- Keys may or may not be available for vehicles.
- Except as required by law and only to the extent required, SGI Salvage will not be held liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense arising from the statements or other representations, actual or implied, contained in or omitted from this website.
- Privacy concerns prevent SGI from providing any information about the previous owner and/or details of the collision resulting in the vehicle being declared a total loss.
- All vehicles and bid items are sold as is. SGI does NOT:
- Bidders should seek their own professional advice where appropriate.
- SGI reserves the right to reject any and all offers, withdraw any item from bids at any time, and place a reserve bid on any item at its sole discretion.
- SGI will not be held liable for any reason due to the rejection of any bid.
- All bids are confidential until after the closing time and date. Only the highest bid will be posted.
- The successful bidder will be contacted by email.
- In the event of a tie - the winning bid will be the first tie bid received.
The bid site records the time each bid is received. This time will be used to determine the winning bid.
If you are the successful bidder
- Sale invoices will be produced in the name of the successful bidder.
- The successful bidder is obligated to complete the transaction with SGI when their bid is selected as the winning bid. Failure to do so may result in being banned from future bidding.
- Payment must be made by 5 p.m. the next business day following notification of the successful bid. Failure to make payment within that time may result in your bid being rejected.
- Vehicle keys may or may not be available. If keys are available, we will give them to you upon completion of the sale.
- Payment types accepted are: cash, credit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express), debit card, electronic bank transfer, and approved charge account.
- First time sales transactions will require payment via wire transfer if not being paid in person.
- Vehicles stored at SGI Salvage compounds must be removed by 5 p.m. on the 5th business day from date of purchase. Failure to do so may result in storage charges.
- If the vehicle is stored at an independent compound - storage charges may apply from date of purchase.
- The buyer is responsible for the cost of loading and transporting of vehicles. (If you are towing a vehicle, a professional towing service is recommended.)
Using a professional towing service to remove a vehicle is best. But if you'll be towing the vehicle yourself, you must comply with The Highway Traffic Act. For more information on proper towing procedures, call Vehicle Standards and Inspections at 775-6188 in Regina, or toll free at 1-800-667-8015, ext. 6188.
1-800-667-8015, ext. 6188