You will be required to submit a report of a medical examination on a prescribed form. Some of the conditions which may prohibit the issuing of a Class 1, 2, 3, 4 or school bus or heavy trailer endorsement are:
- seizure disorders
- certain heart or insulin dependent diabetic conditions
- physical disabilities (paralysis, disability, arthritis, amputation)
- blackouts, dizziness or fainting spells
- head injuries
- vision problems or hearing loss
The medical can be completed by a physician, nurse practitioner or an occupational health and safety nurse.
Medical reports must be submitted and approved prior to the startof any testing.
Subsequent medical reports will be requested every:
- five years for drivers 18-45 years of age
- three years for drivers 46-65 years of age
- year for drivers 66 years of age or older