- Will complete and distribute all vehicle inspection certificates as prescribed by Vehicle Standards and Inspection.
- Will ensure that the inspection of the vehicle designated on the inspection certificate has been performed within the confines of the station.
- Will sign the inspection certificate only when the vehicle has passed inspection and the certificate has been signed by the inspection technician.
- Where the vehicle has been re-inspected and meets or exceeds the standards, the signing officer shall issue the inspection certificate in accordance with the instructions in the manual.
- Where the vehicle is not re-inspected within the 30-day period (120-day period for body integrity) or fails to meet the standards on re-inspection within the 30-day period (120-day period for body integrity), the signing officer shall mark the certificate not certified and distribute as per instructions in the manual.
- Where the vehicle has been inspected and does not meet the standards for the following inspections, the signing officer shall inform the customer that this does not permit operation of the vehicle if the previous inspection certificate and decal are no longer valid.
- liquid propane gas
- compressed natural gas
- heavy truck
- power unit
- school bus
- highway coach
- trailer or semi-trailer
Defective items noted at the time of inspection must be repaired before the vehicle is permitted operation, even if existing certificate of inspection and decal are valid.
1-800-667-8015 ext. 6188