1. Search slogan availability
Check your personalized licence plate slogan to make sure it's available. Before searching for your slogan, please review and understand the slogan guidelines.
2. Order your personalized plate
Once availability is determined, you will need to complete 1 of the following order forms for the applicable plate:
- Submit an Application for Personalized Collector Plates form (pdf, 350 kb) and a cheque or money order payable to SGI for the associated fee
- Collector plate details - If you need to review the details of this plate before ordering, visit the Collector licence plates page.
Regular series (Land of Living Skies) plates
- Complete an Application for Special Order Plates form (pdf, 495 kb).
- Regular series plate details - If you need to review the details of this plate before ordering, visit the Personalize your plate page.
- Submit an Application for Personalized Rider Plates form (pdf, 503 kb) and a cheque or money order payable to SGI for the associated fee.
- Roughrider plate details - If you need to review the details of this plate before ordering, visit the Roughrider licence plates page.
- Fill out an Application for Special Order Plates form (pdf, 495 kb) along with your Application for Veteran Plate form (pdf, 250 kb).
- Veteran plate details - If you need to review the details of this plate before ordering, visit the Veteran licence plates page.
Year of Manufacture plates
- Complete an Application for Special Order Plates form (pdf, 495 kb). You will receive a letter from SGI informing you whether or not you are approved to display the Year of Manufacture plate, along with a current plate style for out-of-province use.
- Year of Manufacture plate details - If you need to review the details of this plate before ordering, visit the Year of Manufacture licence plates page.
3. Receiving your plate
Once your personalized plate order has been approved and we have submitted it to the manufacturer, expect your delivery as follows:
- 10 business days - Regular (Land of Living Skies) series , Rider pride (white background) and Veteran plates
- 15 business days - Vintage Rider and Collector plates (green background)
After you receive your new plate in the mail you need to:
- visit a motor licence issuer to register the plate for your vehicle,
- receive an updated certificate of registration with your new plate number, and
- notify your insurance broker that your licence plate number has changed (only if you have extended auto coverage).
Slogans that may be considered offensive, suggestive or not in good taste to the general public will not be approved. Licence plates are the property of the Crown and if SGI receives a complaint about a slogan, the plate can be recalled.
You can have a maximum of 7 characters - numbers or letters - for all vehicles except motorcycles and snowmobiles which are limited to 5 characters. Rider and Veteran plates are limited to 5 characters due to the graphics for all vehicles except motorcycles and snowmobiles, which are limited to 4 characters.
Slogans can't have any punctuation, except a space or a hyphen.
In addition, slogans can't have:
- any combination of letters and numbers that conflict with the sequencing currently in use or planned to be used for the Saskatchewan vehicle registration system (for example: ABC 123, AB 123, 123 ABC, 123 AB, ABCD123, 123ABDC)
- any sequencing of V0000 to 0000V and W0000 to 0000W that are reserved for veteran plates
- any sequencing of R0000 to 0000R and S0000 to 0000S that are reserved for regular issue Rider plates
- any sequencing of V000 to 000V or W000 to 000W, R000 to 000R or S000 to 000S
- any sequencing of M0001 to M9999
- more than 7 characters on a large and 5 on a small plate. Depending on the plate style chosen, the limit may be different due to the graphics on the plate. Refer to the specific plate application for the maximum allowed characters for the plate of your choice.
- any symbols (for example: $ ! # ? @ %)
- any combination of characters that may be considered offensive, suggestive or not in good taste
Slogans that promote risky driving behaviour aren't allowed. We also don't approve slogans that have or hint at:
- sexual connotations/slang/advertising
- drug/alcohol connotations
- criminal connotations
- general or derogatory slang
- racial/ethnic slang
- political connotations
Customer Service Centre
775-6900 in Regina
SGI Auto Fund Division
2260 - 11th Avenue
Regina, SK S4P 2N7