To complete group customer transactions, the following conditions must be met:
- The group customer number must have an email address on file1, and
- One or more of the individuals that make up the group customer number must also be an active MySGI customer.
For example, John and Jane Smith are group customers with a plate due for renewal. John Smith is an active MySGI customer while Jane Smith is not yet an active MySGI customer. This means that John Smith can access MySGI to renew the group customer plate, but Jane Smith cannot until she creates her own MySGI account.
The following transactions can be completed on behalf of the group customer by any of the individual members that make up this group customer:
- Registration Eligibility Declaration
- renew vehicle registration
- cancel vehicle registration
- pay receivables
- edit contact information including email address and phone numbers
- change preferred method of correspondence
When transactions are completed on behalf of the group customer number, transaction confirmation emails will be sent to the group customer email address.