You must complete the Cross-Canada VIN search request form (pdf, 383 kb) and visit any motor licence issuer or send to:
SGI VIN search request
2260 - 11th Avenue
Regina, SK S4P 2N7
This service searches all Canadian jurisdictions to determine if:
- a vehicle status exists
- there is a Saskatchewan damage claims history
- the Saskatchewan PST is payable
- the vehicle has been reported stolen in the Canadian Police Information (CPI) Centre national search
The cost is $20.
Note: Depending on work volumes and when your request is received, fax and email responses will be returned within 30 minutes. Mail responses will be sent out within 24 hours.
Finding the VIN
You will be required to send in the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of the vehicle, which can be found in 1 of the following places:
- driver's side dashboard
- driver's side door pillar
- vehicle registration certificate
On motorcycles, the VIN is on the frame.
Note: Some letters and numbers may be difficult to determine.