You can drive an ATV on Crown land, including highway right of ways.
You can only drive an ATV on the travelled portion of a road or street, in the following circumstances:
- On a road or street authorized by a local bylaw.
- On a road or street authorized by the Highway Traffic Board (HTB).
- When crossing a road or bridge (unless prohibited by local bylaw or the HTB).
To drive an ATV on private land, you need the permission of the owner or occupant.
Both the HTB and your local municipality may prohibit the operation of ATVs on:
- untravelled portions of highways (for example, ditches or medians)
- Crown land
- private or municipal land
Look for signs indicating permission, prohibition or restriction, or contact your local municipality.
Traffic Safety Promotion
1-800-667-8015 ext. 6042