All Saskatchewan residents have No Fault Coverage unless they choose Tort Coverage and file a declaration form with SGI.
Tort's limited coverage includes the following, as needed:
- medical and rehabilitation expenses
- income benefit
- permanent impairment payment
- death benefits
Please review the Complete guide to Tort benefits (pdf, 349 kb) for a comprehensive explanation of Tort Coverage.
Who's not covered?
You won't receive the package of benefits in the following circumstances if:
- you're impaired by alcohol or drugs at the time of the crash
- you deliberately use your vehicle to harm another person or property
- you're injured while the vehicle you're in is racing or in a speed test
- you're injured while the vehicle is being used in an attempt to evade a law enforcement officer
- the vehicle is unregistered or you're not qualified or authorized to drive
If you're convicted of criminal negligence, you won't receive a permanent impairment benefit. If it is your 2nd conviction for criminal negligence in the last 5 years, you'll also be denied an income benefit.