All vehicles are eligible for AutoPay, except snowmobiles and commercial vehicles that travel inter-provincially.
How it works
- When you 1st sign up for AutoPay, you will choose a Funds Available Date and make an initial down payment based on the time until your 1st monthly instalment is scheduled, plus a 4% finance fee.
- Then, your monthly payments will be automatically withdrawn from your chequing account. To allow for changes or cancellation of the registration that may result in a premium adjustment, your withdrawal will not be requested until after the close of business on your Funds Available Day. Withdrawals can also be delayed by weekends and holidays, so please ensure the money remains available until the withdrawal is completed.
- A Registration Eligibility Declaration will be mailed to you each year prior to the anniversary date of you setting up AutoPay. This confirms your eligibility to register your vehicle in Saskatchewan and must be completed every year.
- Note: It is important to make your declaration on time to avoid cancellation of your registration and insurance coverage.
- If you no longer want to use AutoPay, you must cancel either your pre-authorized chequing agreement or your licence plate.
|Annual registration and insurance charge||$600|
|Down payment amount||$39|
|Monthly amount||$561 / 11 = $51|
|Monthly finance fee of 4%||$51 x 4% = $2.04|
|Initial down payment||$39 + $1.56 = $40.56|
|Subsequent monthly payments||$51 + $2.04 = $53.04|
How to sign up
You can sign up for AutoPay when setting up a new registration or when your registration and insurance is up for renewal.
Follow these steps:
- Take a void blank cheque and your registration documents to a motor licence issuer. If you don't have a blank cheque, please ask for and take our AutoPay Bank Information form (pdf, 40 kb) to your bank for completion.
Note: We will require the completed letter to be signed or stamped by the bank.
- Sign the AutoPay contract, which authorizes us to automatically withdraw your monthly payment from your chequing account.
- You will receive a continuous registration certificate.
Note: The bank account holders must be present at the issuing office to sign the AutoPay contract.
Subsequent registration renewals
Each year you need to declare your eligibility for Saskatchewan registration. A reminder notice will be sent prior to your AutoPay anniversary date. Monthly withdrawals will continue to be requested from the associated bank account and the vehicle registration will be valid as long as automatic withdrawals remain in good standing, or until you or SGI cancels the registration.
To make your declaration, simply:
- visit MySGI and renew your declaration online
- go to a motor licence issuer
- complete the declaration notice and mail it back to SGI
775-6900 in Regina