Although an ATV cannot be registered, it must be insured with a $200,000 liability policy before it can be operated in public areas.
When operating an ATV in public areas, you must produce proof of insurance if requested. Both the owner and the operator of the ATV are liable for any loss, damage or injury incurred when operating the vehicle.
If a collision occurs:
- remain at the scene or return immediately after notifying authorities
- provide all reasonable assistance
- notify the property owners of any damage
- inform property owners, in writing, of the names of the ATV owner and operator
- submit a written report if there is an injury or death
Contact your local insurance broker to discuss your insurance options.