The following requirements must be met for a vehicle to qualify for registration as an antique:
- The vehicle must be model year 1987 or older.
- The applicant must have or operate a primary-use vehicle registered:
- in the applicant's name, or
- in the name of the applicant's spouse, or
- jointly registered in the names of both spouses,
- in the name of a corporation for the applicant's personal use.
- The vehicle must be registered in either Class PV or LV.
- The antique vehicle must be for private use only and not for commercial or farm use.
Reduced rates are available for vehicles registered as antiques. Annual cost to plate a vehicle as antique includes an $85 insurance premium + PST, as well as a $68 registration fee. If the vehicle is a 1941 model or older the annual cost includes an $85 insurance premium + PST, as well as a $5 registration fee.
Vehicles registered with antique use are limited to a maximum of $800 for physical damage coverage along with liability coverage of $200,000. If the vehicle is worth more than $800, you may discuss extension coverage options with your insurance broker.
The deductible for a vehicle registered as antique is $500.
An antique vehicle is not subject to an inspection if it is a light vehicle (Class LV) registered for personal use, has a gross vehicle weight rating of less than 4,500 kg or has been given an exemption by Vehicle Standards and Inspection.
306-775-6188 in Regina
1-800-667-8015, ext. 6188