Often, employees who start here, stay here. Is it our people? Our benefits? Our wide range of career options? Watch our video to find out and learn more about how you can green light your career with SGI or watch the videos on the right to learn more about a specific position and hear our employees tell their stories in their own words.
Whatever you're passionate about, we've got something that fits. We have close to 200 different types of jobs and locations in Saskatchewan, Alberta, Manitoba and Ontario. You can learn more about some of these jobs in the videos below from the employees who do them.
View our current job postings.
Careers as diverse as our employees
SGI embraces diversity and has created an environment of inclusiveness and work life balance. Our inclusive work environment values and appreciates all differences and similarities amongst employees, free of barriers, racism and discrimination. SGI's Corporate Diversity Strategy addressess inclusion and appreciation of group dynamics in the workplace including education, experience, culture and value.
SGI is proud to celebrate a diverse workforce. Here are some of the reasons why, in 2013, we were named one of Canada’s Top Diversity Employers for the seventh straight year:
- Maintains a diversity and recruitment unit, which is responsible for administering the organization's employment equity and corporate diversity programs and initiatives.
- Participates in events and works with community associations, to attract and recruit diverse applicants to build a workforce that is representative of the population we serve.
- Attends various career fairs such as Regina Job Fair for persons with disabilities, Regina and Saskatoon Open Door Society for new Canadian job seekers, Stepping Stones Career Event, and First Nations University of Canada, to name a few.
- Provides internship opportunities to diversity candidates of Aboriginal ancestry, persons with disabilities and visible minorites. These internships provide individuals the opportunity to experience hands on training in various SGI business units for a period of up to one year, with the potential to gain permanent employment with SGI.
- Provides work placement opportunities in partnership with Saskatchewan Institute of Applied Science and Technology's employment readiness and bridging programs; the Gabriel Dumont Institute and the Learning Disabilities Assocication of Saskatchewan.
- Works with Ignite Adult Learning Centre, whose mandate is to support at-risk young adults, and conducts mock interviews with students to assist in their skills development.