It's not uncommon for employees to have several different careers during their employment with SGI.
We encourage and fully support career growth by providing a wide variety of training and development opportunities, including:
- job-shadowing and project work opportunities
- open mentorship program
- e-Learning initiatives
- technical training
- career planning and support
- leadership and management development
The following courses are a sampling of the classroom and online training available internally for employees:
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- 5 Choices to Extraordinary Productivity
- Introductory & Advanced Project Management
- Business Etiquette
- Conflict Resolution
- Presentation Skills
- Stress & Time Management
- Public Speaking
- Teamwork & Team Building
We also offer career development and retirement planning courses.
Education Sponsorship program
We provide financial assistance for the education you need to meet your SGI career goals. And since we pay for approved courses up front, that means no out-of-pocket expenses for you.
Approved courses allow you to work towards a degree, diploma or certificate program related to SGI business. Classes must be taken through a Canadian university or a recognized technical college, such as SIAST.
The following are a few examples of the degree, diploma and certificate programs that SGI provides support for:
- Bachelor of Administration/Commerce
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Certificate in Accounting
- Certificate in Administration
- Diploma in Computer Science
- Diploma in Human Resources
- Diploma in Marketing
- Diploma in Administration
- Diploma in Public Relations
You can also receive funding if you're pursuing a professional designation. We offer the following:
- Certificate of Rehabilitation Benefits Administration (CRBA)
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP)
- Fellow Chartered Insurance Professional (FCIP)
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA)1
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP)1
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA)1
Permanent employees who complete either their CIP or CRBA designation are also eligible for a designation allowance of $1,500. In 2015, this allowance will increase to $2,000.
All employees can take advantage of the Education Sponsorship program, including temporary, term, and part-time employees.