Please be advised that effective November 1, 2014, the SGI Permit Office requires payment by credit card for all single trip permits. This does not apply to Term Permits or permits issued through SGI's Self-Issue Permit Program.
Single trip registration permits are issued to non-Saskatchewan carriers over the phone and, in most instances, costs are billed to the registered owner of the vehicle1. Out-of-province carriers who are not members of the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) can also include the fuel tax fee within a single trip registration permit.
Fuel tax permits can only be purchased as part of a single trip registration permit. Fuel tax questions should be directed to the Ministry of Finance at 306-787-6632 or 306-787-7749.
Please visit the permit fees page for the cost of single trip registration permits.
To obtain a single trip permit, out-of-province carriers will need:
- registered owner's name and complete mailing address
- full name of the individual requesting the permit
- contact phone number
- licence plate number, year, make, model and VIN number of the vehicle
- commodity being transported (include a description of the truck if it has permanently mounted equipment, e.g., crane, service rig, etc.)
- origin and destination in Saskatchewan, including all roadways being travelled
- complete configuration description including axle groups, number of tires per axle and tire sizes
- registered and actual gross vehicle weight of the truck and load or truck, trailer and load
- if overweight, the axle group weight, tire size and axle spread
- actual dimensions of vehicle or load
SGI Permit Office
306-775-6969 (in Regina/outside Saskatchewan)
1-800-667-7575 (in Saskatchewan)
Ministry of Finance
306-787-6632 or 306-787-7749