It does not include all legislation related to the industry; therefore, carriers may be required to satisfy other legislation.
All legislation links include additional regulation information.
Government of Saskatchewan
The Highways and Transportation Act, 1997 and related regulations.
- Highways and Transportation Act, Regulations
- Vehicle Weight and Dimension Regulations, 2010
- The Trip Inspection Regulations
- The Security of Loads Regulations, 2013
The Dangerous Goods Transportation Act and related regulations.
- Dangerous Goods Transportation Regulations
The Traffic Safety Act and related regulations.
- The Vehicle Classification and Registration Regulations
- The Traffic Safety Act Fees Regulations
- The Commercial Vehicles Hours of Service Regulations
- The Commercial Vehicle and Drivers (Record-Keeping) Regulations
- The Public Service Vehicle Identification Regulations, 1987
- The Registration Exemption and Reciprocity Regulations, 1987
- The Motor Carrier Conditions of Carriage Regulations
- Vehicle Inspection Regulations, 2001
- The Vehicle Inspection Procedures Regulations, 2007
- Vehicle Equipment Regulations, 1987
- Operating Authority Regulations, 2011
- School Bus Operating Regulations, 1987
- School Bus Safety Lights Definition Regulations
- The Traffic Safety (Hand-held Electronic Communications Equipment) Regulations
- Victims of Crime Regulations, 1997
Saskatchewan provincial regulations can be obtained from:
1871 Smith St.
Regina, SK S4P 3V7
Government of Canada
Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act, 1992 and related regulations.
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations
Motor Vehicle Safety Act and related regulations.
- Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations
- Motor Vehicle Tire Safety Regulations, 1995
Motor Vehicle Transport Act, 1987 and related regulations.
- Commercial Vehicle Drivers Hours of Service Regulations
- Motor Carrier Safety Fitness Certificate Regulations
- Conditions of Carriage Regulations
Federal regulations can be obtained from:
Canadian Publishing Centre
The U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration website supplies all rules and regulations required for your needs.