SGI and Canadian Association of Oilwell Drilling Contractors (CAODC) signed an agreement to provide legislative and regulatory exemptions, to allow for:
- Extension of the validity period of a Periodic Motor Vehicle Inspection (PMVI) Certificate to 5 years.
- Special provisions regarding the seizure of motor vehicles in the event of a suspended or unauthorized driver being identified road-side by enforcement.
- Driver’s licence exemptions permitting the operation of service rigs and associated vehicles, while in a convoy or during operator training and assessment.
A permit application (pdf, 609 kb) must be completed and approved in order to take advantage of the legislative and regulatory exemptions listed above. If granted, the permit will be sent to CAODC who will coordinate permit distribution.
In order to be eligible for a CAODC permit a carrier is required to have:
- Either a Satisfactory-Audited or Satisfactory-Unaudited Carrier Safety Fitness Rating; and,
- Must have had satisfactory performance on the most recent CAODC compliance audit, if applicable.
SGI will monitor permit holders’ on-road performance. If they fail to meet permit conditions or otherwise incur an unacceptable level of violations or collisions, their permit will be subject to review and could be revoked.
For more information on Carrier Profiles and NSC Safety Fitness Ratings please contact SGI Carrier Safety Services at 1-800-667-8015 extn. 6667. For inquiries related to the distribution of CAODC permits, please contact the CAODC directly at 403-264-4311.
For inquiries related Drivers Hours of Service and Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) please contact Saskatchewan Ministry of Highways and Infrastructure at 306-787-4801.
For general inquiries related to the CAODC permit, please contact SGI Vehicle Standards and Inspection at 1-800-667-8015 ext. 6188 or SGI Driver Development at 1-800-667-5111.