The Safety Squad presentations include:
- Bicycle safety - Perfect for the bike rodeo you're putting on, the squad would love to attend and talk to the kids about how to be safe on a bike. They cover clothing, checking your bicycle's fit and condition, how to wear a helmet and general bike safety rules. They can also perform helmet fittings before children go through the bike rodeo. Each session is 15-30 minutes, depending on the amount of audience interaction.
- Child safety seats - A demonstration on how to install all stages of child car seats in a vehicle. Each session is 30-60 minutes depending on questions from the audience.
- General traffic safety - A program about general traffic safety information, such as bus, vehicle and pedestrian safety.
- Teens and adults - Impaired and distracted driving presentations are well suited for an older audience and usually include a slide show presentation with video clips and the driving simulator, One Simple Decision, can be included.
- One Simple Decision (OSD) - The OSD is an interactive driving simulator. The player can choose either impaired driving or texting mode and if they crash or get caught they learn the process of what would happen to them. Scenarios include being arrested, going to the hospital or jail time. It also informs them of criminal records, penalties and fines. If used during a presentation the game can be projected onto a screen, and if they're at a come and go event they can play it one at a time.
- New comer groups - General traffic safety topics.
• • •
Traffic Safety Promotion
Assets / Links