The program emphasizes 5 key messages - buckle up, look first, wear the gear, get trained and drive sober. Youth leaders and teachers from each school participate in the Parachute training then return to their schools to teach fellow students about preventing death and injuries.
The program has been shown to successfully alter youth behaviour, attitude and perception towards dangerous situations. According to research done by Parachute, injuries account for 80% of all deaths among youth aged 15 to 19 in Saskatchewan, with more than 40 injury-related deaths each year.
SGI will provide Parachute, a national, non-profit organization, with an established track record of designing and delivering injury prevention initiatives to youth, with $20,000 per year to bring the No Regrets program to schools in Saskatchewan.
No Regret schools include:
- Rosetown Composite High School
- Outlook Composite High School
- Aden Bowman Collegiate Institute (Saskatoon)
- E.D. Feehan Catholic High School (Saskatoon)
- Bedford Road Collegiate (Saskatoon)
- Assiniboia Composite High School
- Vanier Collegiate Institute (Moose Jaw)
- Kincaid Central School
- Maple Creek High School
1-800-667-8015 ext. 6042