There is a shortage of graduates in Actuarial Science. As a result, SGI and other employers made a commitment to fund the actuarial science program at the University of Regina. Part of SGI's commitment includes an annual scholarship. Students and graduates of this program have the background required to work in the Actuarial Services Department of SGI.
To be eligible, a student must:
- be enrolled in the 3rd, 4th, or 5th year of studies in Faculty of Science, actuarial science program
- have successfully completed 60 or more credit hours towards a Bachelor of Science Degree, major in Actuarial Science
- have completed or be enrolled in ASC 116, 216, and 317
- have a grade point average (GPA) of 80% or higher in the completed courses stated
- be registered in a minimum of 12 credit hours in the semester the scholarship is paid
One scholarship of $2,000 per year will be awarded.
There is no application for this scholarship and therefore, no deadline. Students are considered through recommendation of the University of Regina Department of Mathematics and Statistics.
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics will recommend worthy students to the Student Awards and Financial Aid Office no later than September 30. Each year the award is presented, the Student Awards and Financial Aid office will notify the student recipient and donor in writing by October 30.
SGI will not guarantee employment for award recipients; however we may give the recipients preferential consideration for employment following the completion of their studies.
Recipients are not obliged to work for SGI during, or at the completion of, the educational program.
Room 210, Administration Humanities Building
University of Regina
Regina, SK S4S OA2