335 impaired drivers caught by police during October blitz
Nov. 21, 2016
More than 330 impaired drivers were stopped during SGI and law enforcement's province-wide focus on impaired driving in October.
In total, there were 335 offences related to impaired driving, including:
- 21 offences for having a blood alcohol content (BAC) between .04 to .08
- 314 Criminal Code charges (impaired driving, BAC over .08, or refusing a breath test)
Police also issued the following tickets throughout the month1:
- 3,208 speeding violations
- 289 tickets for distracted driving (180 of those for using a cellphone while driving)
- 260 tickets for inappropriate or no seatbelt/child safety seat
SGI and police continue to focus on impaired driving in November. Remember to always plan a safe ride home.