Celebrating SGI scholarship winners
Nov. 1, 2017
We’re proud to be investing in tomorrow’s leaders.
SGI values higher education and recognizes that post-secondary education is often essential for today’s youth. To help students accomplish their goals, we offer a number a of scholarships.
The SGI Anniversary Scholarship is open to children and legal dependants of employees at SGI and its subsidiaries.
Candidates must also be enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited post-secondary campus, have a minimum average of 70% in their last academic year and demonstrate contributions to community, extracurricular activities or commitments made in balancing work, education and home responsibilities.
That's a tall order to be sure, so please join us in congratulating to the following students:
- Breanna Barrett - Breanna is currently studying hairstyling at MC College and plans to one day open her own hair salon.
- Alexander Donald - Alexander is a student at the University of Regina working towards a Bachelor of Science degree which he hopes will lead to the higher study of cosmology or astrophysics. He eventually wants to perform research for universities and possibly assist in teaching as well.
- Katia Georgeson - Katia is working towards her Bachelor of Music Education degree at the University of Regina. She wants to teach band and/or choir in Saskatchewan high schools one day.
- Rebecca Taylor - Rebecca also attends the University of Regina where she is working towards completing a Bachelor of Business Administration degree. She plans to join the Co-op program to gain some experience, and then major in Accounting. Eventually she wants to obtain her CPA designation.
The SGI Corporate Scholarship is open to all Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Alberta, British Columbia and Ontario residents attending an accredited post-secondary institution in 1 of those provinces related to the business needs of SGI.
This year’s winners are:
- Truman Vinh Khanh Le - Currently working towards an Accounting & Financial Management degree at the University of Waterloo. Truman is majoring in Accounting.
- Katrina Perrault - Currently pursuing a Human Justice degree at the University of Regina with hopes of becoming a lawyer.
- Serena Daniels - Currently attending the University of Manitoba, Serena is working towards a Bachelor of Commerce degree and is majoring in Accounting & Finance.
- Sheetal Shajan - Currently enrolled at the University of British Columbia, Sheetal is studying Science and is majoring in Mathematics and Computer Science.
- Annonymous (prefers not to be named) - Currently enrolled at the University of Waterloo, she is completing a degree in Systems Design Engineering and is majoring in Computer Science.