Great job, scholarship recipients!
Nov. 7, 2013
Congratulations are in order for this year's recipients of the Corporate and Anniversary scholarships.
These scholarships are a way for SGI to recognize the hard work and dedication of some of the best and brightest students in Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Alberta, as well as support them in their ongoing development.
By fostering success in education, we look forward to seeing what these bright minds will contribute back to society in the future. Perhaps even as one of our talented employees!
SGI Anniversary Scholarship
The SGI Anniversary Scholarship is open to children and legal dependants of the employees of SGI or its wholly-owned subsidiaries.
This year's winners are:
- Alana Mack - Currently enrolled in Nursing at SIAST. Alana plans to pursue a nursing career in the field of Pediatrics, Emergency or Intensive Care.
- Danielle McEwen - Currently enrolled in Human Justice at the University of Regina. Danielle plans to pursue a career in Law or Criminology.
- Devon Parker - Currently enrolled in Engineering at the University of Saskatchewan. Devon plans to work for an engineering firm where he has the ability to travel across Canada, seeking resources or working on a cleanup crew to help preserve the land. His ultimate goal is to help Canada flourish both economically and in an eco-friendly way.
- Elyssa Stepan - Currently enrolled in Nursing Science at the University of Regina. Elyssa plans to become a Nurse Educator for newly diagnosed patients with Juvenile Diabetes.
SGI Corporate Scholarship
The SGI Corporate Scholarship is open to all Saskatchewan, Manitoba or Alberta residents attending an accredited post-secondary institution in one of those provinces related to the business needs of SGI. In total, 6 scholarships are available with 2 reserved for diversity candidates.
This year's winners are:
- Nolan Benesh - Currently enrolled in Business Administration at the University of Regina. Nolan plans to pursue a business career with a special interest in reviewing and analyzing public contribution business models.
- Joloraine Naeg - Currently enrolled in Commerce at the University of Saskatchewan. Joloraine plans to pursue a Masters of Professional Accounting and a CPA designation.
- Christine Philips - Currently enrolled in Office Education at the Dumont Technical Institute. Christine plans to pursue a career in a business setting where she can interact with people and customers.
- Stacey Stoppler - Currently enrolled in Health Information Management at SIAST. Stacey plans to pursue a career in Heath Information Management where she will be responsible for records management, data quality and/or maintaining, releasing and abstracting client health information and related materials.
- Robert Taylor - Currently enrolled in Law at the University of Saskatchewan. Robert plans to practice Law in the province of Saskatchewan.
- Dustin Wagner - Currently enrolled in Commerce at the University of Saskatchewan. Dustin plans to pursue a career in accounting, management or operation management.