This sign indicates a two-way left turning lane. These are used in many communities, especially larger centres, to improve traffic flow and to allow for easier access to properties in mid-block.
The diagram indicates the correct turning procedure. Here are some other points to keep in mind when using centre turning lanes:
- Enter the two-way left turning lane only at the point adjacent to the property you want to access (see arrow for car A).
- Left turns from either direction may be made from the two-way left turning lane.
- These lanes also allow for left turns from a driveway (see arrow for car B).
- The centre turning lanes may not be used as a passing lane or as a driving lane.
- Where a centre turning lane is provided, you may not make a left turn from any other lane.