Saskatchewan's driver's licence is attractive with images that represent the beauty of Saskatchewan's diverse landscape. It includes many security features and meets international standards important for travel and other identification requirements.
The licence provides 3 advancing levels of security:
- Level 1 - features that can be easily seen or felt, such as the clear window, raised lettering and clear laser engraving
- Level 2 - features that require the use of a simple tool, such as a magnifying glass to reveal microprinting
- Level 3 - features designed for law enforcement and forensic purposes
There are also 3 bar codes on the new licence:
- Driver's licence information - contains the information on the front of the card and is used by third parties, such as law enforcement, to verify the data displayed on the card has not been altered
- Customer number - provides quick access to customer files for SGI and motor licence issuers
- Card inventory number - unique to every card, it ensures the card is authentic
Previous 2-part licence
SGI introduced the 1-part driver's licence at the beginning of 2011. Some individuals may still have the 2-part licence, consisting of a photo identification card and a paper driver's licence certificate. Two-part licences will remain valid until the card's expiry date.