You don't need a special class of driver's licence or an endorsement to operate a snowmobile or ATV, but you must meet these requirements:
- You must hold a valid Class 1 to 5 driver's licence.
- You must be at least 16 years old.
- If you were born after Jan. 1, 1989, you must take an approved safety course.
If you're under 16 and/or have a Class 7 driver's licence, you can only operate a snowmobile or ATV while either:
- Accompanied by someone who holds a Class 1 to 5 licence.
- Supervised (within 5 m of and in view of) by someone on another machine that holds a Class 1 to 5 driver's licence.