If you hold a valid driver's licence in Class 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5, you can apply for a school bus endorsement provided you:
- are at least 18 years of age and not a novice driver
- submit a satisfactory medical
To obtain an endorsement S you must:
- pass the required supplementary written, vision and sign tests
- complete a circle-check vehicle inspection and road test in the appropriate size of school bus
- unrestricted - at least 36 student passengers
- restricted - fewer than 36 student passengers
Note: Student passengers mean 3 passengers to a seat on a school bus.
If you take a road test in a school bus equipped with an automatic transmission, you will be restricted to driving school buses with automatic transmissions.
For additional information consult the Professional Driver's Handbook.
You can find a driver exam office near you to book an appointment or if you have any questions, contact our exam booking office at 1-800-667-5111.