We're 1 of only 3 companies in Saskatchewan to receive this honour, which demonstrates our commitment to ensure that all members of society have fair and equal access to employment opportunities.
The Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission has designated the following groups as being under-represented in the workplace:
- persons of Aboriginal ancestry
- persons with disabilities
- members of visible minorities
- women seeking non-traditional roles
Our goal is to build a representative workforce that accurately reflects who our customers are.
In recognition of Saskatchewan's growing Aboriginal population, we have implemented several initiatives to help build our Aboriginal workforce, including:
- The Aboriginal Advisory Network (AAN), a supportive network for Aboriginal employees that aims to increase the understanding and appreciation of Aboriginal cultures and issues.
- Training and development opportunities to provide education and on-the-job experience to Aboriginal employees, such as the Internship program.
- Designated positions for Aboriginal employees, in order to better serve Aboriginal communities.