It's not uncommon for employees to have several different careers during their employment with SGI.
We encourage and fully support career growth by providing a wide variety of training and development opportunities, including:
- Insurance Institute of Canada (IIC) courses offered in-house on company time
- job-shadowing and project work opportunities
- e-Learning initiatives
- mentorship programs
- technical training
- leadership and management development
Education Sponsorship program
We provide financial assistance for the education you need to meet your SGI career goals. And since we pay for approved courses up front, that means no out-of-pocket expenses for you.
Approved courses include classes towards a degree, diploma or certificate program related to SGI business. Classes must be taken through a Canadian university or a recognized college such as SIAST.
You can also receive funding if you're pursuing a professional designation. We offer the following:
- Certificate of Rehabilitation Benefits Administration (CRBA)
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP)
- Fellow Chartered Insurance Professional (FCIP)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Certified General Account (CGA)
Employees taking CRBA, CIP, FCIP and IIC courses on their own time are also eligible for a course allowance when they successfully complete a course.
All employees can take advantage of the Education Sponsorship program, including temporary, term, and part-time employees.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- handling conflict
- time management
- communication skills
- respectful workplace behaviour
- problem solving and decision making
- project management
We also offer career and retirement planning courses.