New service added to MySGI
June 23, 2011
SGI customers can now do more transactions online.
The addition of registration cancellations to the MySGI online service will help customers when it’s time to retire their RVs, campers, motorcycles or sports cars for the season.
Launched last fall, the MySGI online service is a partnership between SGI and its network of motor licence issuers. Customers can access MySGI through their issuer’s website (if applicable) or through the Online Services link on SGI’s website.
“MySGI was developed to make it easier for customers to do business with SGI,” said Cari Donaldson, Assistant Vice President of Licensing and Customer Services. “We started off slow with just a few online transactions, but the service has really expanded since then and will continue to grow.”
Currently, individual customers can complete the following transactions online:
- view personal info, driver info, vehicle info and notices
- update their contact information and change their address and/or add a physical address
- renew AutoPay declarations (select registration classes only)
- renew vehicle registrations (select registration classes only)
- request driver abstracts, including commercial (proof of driving history and proof of registered and insured vehicles in your name)
- pay outstanding receivables using a credit card
- schedule an appointment for a road test - either Class 5 (private passenger cars and trucks) or Class M (motorcycle)
Additional online transactions will be added in the future, as well as the ability for farmers, commercial customers and group customers (co-owners) to access the service.
“MySGI will continue growing as we work on enhancing transactions that are currently available, expanding the service to all of our customers and adding new online transactions,” said Donaldson.
Saskatchewan Government Insurance (SGI) is the province's self-sustaining auto insurance fund. SGI operates 21 claims centres and five salvage centres across Saskatchewan with a head office in Regina. SGI also works with a network of over 400 motor licence issuers across the province. Customers can now do some transactions online. Look for the MySGI link under Online Services on your motor licence issuer's website or SGI's website.