Driver distraction and inattention is responsible for about 25% of all accidents on Saskatchewan roads. It's also cited as the 2nd highest contributing factor in fatal collisions.
Some of the most common driver distractions include:
- talking and texting with a hand-held cellphone
- persons, objects or events outside the vehicle
- distraction from passengers
- looking for or at something in the vehicle
- adjusting radio, climate or vehicle controls
- eating or drinking
Our driver distraction public awareness campaigns are created to educate drivers about the seriousness of driving when distracted.
1-800-667-8015 ext. 6042